An 85-Hour Yoga Alliance registered prenatal teacher training.
Yoga during pregnancy supports conscious movement which cultivates an understanding of the changing body, builds strength & endurance, and helps to alleviate discomfort. This program prepares trainees to safely guide the pregnant student through a yoga class, as well as to support conversations around childbirth education.
Topics covered broadly include:
- Anatomy & physiology
- How to address the changing body in everyday life & through movement
- Sequencing a prenatal yoga class
- Modifying for the pregnant student in an open-level class
- Breathwork & meditation
- The paradigm of birth & our healthcare system
- The postpartum period
LEAD TEACHERS: Samantha Moriarty & Connie Viglietti
GUEST TEACHERS: TBD
DATES & TIMES:
72 In-Studio Contact Hours
Weekend 1: May 2 - May 5, 2019
Weekend 2: May 16 - May 19, 2019
Weekend 3: May 30 - June 2, 2019
Thursdays & Fridays: 6:30pm - 9:00pm
Saturdays & Sundays: 9:00am - 6:30pm
13 Non-Contact Hours
8 Class Observations (10 hours)
3 Homework Assignments (3 hours)
LOCATION: Noho: 666 Broadway @ Bond St, 3rd Floor
SELF INVESTMENT: $1,550
Payment Deadline – Sunday, April 21, 2019
EARLY BIRD RATE: $1,400
Early Bird Deadline – Sunday, March 24, 2019
*For the Early Bird Rate, full payment must be made by the Early Bird Deadline.
TO REGISTER: Fill out an online application and then pay in full*! Training will be capped at 20 students.
This training is open to ALL interested in the material - birthworkers, those expecting, yoga teachers, and anyone curious about learning more about pregnancy/birth/postpartum.
*For those planning to teach yoga after program completion & looking for the YogaAlliance certification, a completed 200-hour yoga teacher training is required.
* A FREE MONTH OF UNLIMITED YOGA CLASSES begins the day you pay your full tuition! No refunds within 31 days before the program begins, and refunds requested more than 31 days before the program begins lose $150 processing fee only.